1. I believe everything happens for a reason.
2. I was a figure skater through my teen years. Competing nationally on a precision skating team.
3. I was born in 1979.
4. I’m super superstitious. My right skate always got tied before the left one, or its bad luck.
5. I snowboard. (regular)
6. I totally believe in karma (see point #1). If I were to spit gum out on the street, I’d probably end up stepping in someone else’s.
7. I love the smell of the ocean, especially the first whiff when I step off a plane in Vancouver.
8. I went to school for fashion marketing. I was kicked out the first year. I’d prefer to cook for my roommates than go to school – probably should have gone to culinary school.
9. I have one brother; he’s younger than I am.
11. I’m very sneaky. If there’s a way – I will find it.
12. I love beer.
13. I grew up in the back of a Ukrainian deli. No wonder I love food and cooking so much!
14. Speaking of which, if I could eat perogies every day and not get fat, I would totally do it.
15. My husband and I got married in 2009, the day after I found out I was the host of Best Recipes Ever. It was a pretty good week.
16. I planned my honeymoon in Costa Rica (tried surfing) during the week the show launched so I wouldn’t be around to watch it. I just want to teach people how to cook, not watch myself teach people how to cook!
17. I love Pretty Woman.
19. I’m a procrastinator. I like to think that means I know the most efficient way to do everything.
20. I love ideas. Ever notice that ideas snowball on top of each other? (Brainstorm Tip: play the “Yes, And” game.)
21. I’m not so great at implementing those ideas.
22. Rewards are a great way to motivate me (see #19 & #21).
23. I don’t really like writing, but I do it everyday.
24. I’m an introvert. But, I believe I’ve been trained pretty well to be an extroverted – must be from the 5 years I was a bartender and #2!
25. I have my mother’s tear ducts and charm.
26. But I have my father’s mouth.
27. I’m a tomboy.
28. I like to fish – I have no problem putting a worm on a hook. Or filleting a live fish.
29. I wear glasses that make me look like Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys. I rarely wear them out of the house.
30. I wear contacts when I film, that’s why I never cried while cutting onions.
31. I don’t really like clothes shopping – although sometimes I wish I did, I’d have more to wear!
32. If I’m upset, I usually go to the grocery store to try to forget about it.
33. My closet is a sea of black, but my favourite colors are turquoise and bright red – can you tell?
34. I’m not perfect.
35. I’ll never turn down grilled cheese and tomato soup.
36. I discovered my love of teaching working on Best Recipes Ever.
37. I love any kind of curry.
38. If I could just cook 24/7 for the rest of my life, I would be the happiest person ever!
19. My nickname growing up was “Care Bear.” My husband’s nickname for me is “Chicken Butt”??? I have no clue why. Maybe because it’s the schoolyard reply to “What’s up??”
40. My dog’s name is Taco. He’s a Manchester Terrier who thinks he’s as big as a Doberman. He gets worried every time we make tacos for dinner.