Who doesn’t love combining chocolate and coconut in a chewy cookie? Especially because it’s easy as 1-2-3 and even the kids can help to prepare these delicious no-bake treats.
You’ll also find there is very little prep and clean-up since this recipe calls for few ingredients and not many kitchen tools. Sometimes called haystacks, these reindeer droppings are perfect for the holiday season and can be used as gifts for teachers, hostess gifts, festive gatherings of your own, or you just may want to keep them all to yourself. I know I’ll never pass up a reindeer dropping!
Reindeer Dropping Tips:
- Keep an eye on the sugar mixture, it will boil very quickly and if you’re not watching, it will boil over.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use waxed paper or butter the baking sheets.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Use 2 spoons to drop mixture onto baking sheets (one spoon to scoop mixture and one to push the mixture off the spoon).
- You can use quick cooking rolled oats or large old fashioned oats, just don’t use instant.
If you plan to make a lot of these in advance, reuse your parchment paper and remember to check out my post on how to freeze cookies. If you’d like some more cookie recipes, decorating, and packaging ideas, my Pinterest Holiday Cookie Board has some great things to look at.