Which Vinegars Should You Have In Your Pantry?
There are so many types of vinegar to choose from, but if you could only choose 5, choose these vinegars to stock your pantry with. They are the most popular, used in most recipes, and don’t worry about them spoiling – they last forever!
- White Vinegar (cleaning, poaching eggs, vinaigrettes, marinades, and tenderizing pastry)
- Balsamic Vinegar (a sweeter vinegar for simple salad dressings and marinades)
- Red or White Wine Vinegar (essential for making Greek and Mediterranean salads, pasta salads, and marinades)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (a must for creamy or vinaigrette based coleslaw dressings, barbecue sauces and marinades)
- Seasoned Rice Vinegar (my absolute favourite vinegar for salads. I think oil and seasoned rice wine vinegar makes an amazing vinaigrette for salads, couscous and grain salads. It has the perfect amount of sweetness)