I love this recipe for its healthful benefits. It’s a creamy soup with absolutely no cream added and uses an entire head of broccoli. The soup is finished with lemon juice to add zip and the Parmesan gives it an added layer of richness. I know you’ll love this Broccoli Soup too – especially because it’s so easy to make and can be simply pureed in the blender or your hand-held immersion blender.
Broccolo Soup Tips:
- Use the entire head of broccoli – even the stems and florets. First, peel away the tough skin of the stem then roughly chop into small pieces along with the florets.
- The potato is cut thin so that it cooks quicker.
- My favourite things to serve with this soup are little cheese “toasties.” Slice a baguette into thin slices, sprinkle with grated old cheddar and place under the broiler until bubbly.
- You can substitute chopped onion for sliced leek and chicken stock for vegetable stock.
- If the onion and garlic start to brown too quickly, add a splash of water and stir.