Try this Corn and Potato Soup recipe, it’s fast and delicious.
The combination of sweet corn and salty bacon will leave you asking for a second bowl for sure! This recipe makes a big batch, which is perfect because it freezes well — have some now and save some for later.
Corn and Potato Soup Tips:
- You can substitute 4 ears of corn for 3 to 4 cups of frozen corn kernels.
- To cut corn from the cob, use this tip.
- To freeze this soup, allow it to cool completely, then transfer to airtight freezer containers or bags and freeze. To enjoy, thaw the frozen soup in your refrigerator overnight before reheating. Once thawed, the soup should be eaten within several days.
- Use kitchen scissors to make cutting bacon a breeze.
- If you can’t find yellow-fleshed potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes, add any kind you like. You will need about 2 cups worth.