You know Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, right?
Why not make a batch of brownies, from scratch, using this easy brownie recipe?!
Picture this: your sweetheart is at work and discovers the brownies you tucked in as a Valentine’s Day treat. Next thing you know, you’ve melted their heart a little and they are totally bragging about how awesome you are to everyone in the office — it’s a win, win.
You can even turn this easy brownie recipe into a decadent dessert, just top a big warm brownie with French vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. Hello! Heaven is calling! It’s my favourite dessert, no matter how stuffed I feel, I can never turn it down.
I love this recipe because it uses ingredients you probably have in your pantry. You’ll know these brownies are almost done baking when you start to notice a heavenly smell coming from your kitchen.
Easy Brownie Recipe Tips:
- Use an 8-inch square baking pan. If you don’t have one, you can buy disposable aluminum pans in the baking section at the grocery store – no excuses!
- Grease your baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray. If you use spray, do it over the sink (or open dishwasher) so you don’t make a mess.
- Try lining your baking pan with aluminum foil. Cut a size longer than your baking pan, the over-hang can be used as handles to lift the cooked brownie for cutting.
- When you mix melted butter, cocoa powder, and sugar together, it will seem sandy. However, once both eggs are added, the sugar will dissolve and give the batter a smooth, glossy texture.
- Stir in flour, gently, with a wooden spoon (don’t use a hand mixer). Gently hand-stirring the mixture will keep the brownies dense rather than cakey.
- Increase the salt from a pinch to ¼ teaspoon if you’re using unsalted butter.
- The cocoa powder makes these brownies rich and chocolatey. To make these brownies sweeter, reduce the cocoa powder to ½ cup and add a hand-full of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Or, try this highly addictive healthy brownie recipe – bet you can’t eat just one!
Looking for more of my delicious and easy dessert recipes? You’ll find them here!