You don’t need to buy pre-made burgers if you’re short on time, especially when you know this trick for insanely fast burgers.
- Preheat BBQ to high heat.
- Take a pound of ground beef, press it into a large flat square (about ½ inch thick), and slice it into 4 quarters.
- Season both sides of the burger WELL with salt.
- Place them on an extremely hot grill and grill for a few minutes per side. Remember, they’ll continue to cook when they come off the grill.
- Voila! Homemade burgers! Best part, since the meat has been barely handled, the burgers stay tender.
I like to use medium ground beef (sometimes called regular ground). The fat keeps the burgers moist and flavourful. Remember, fat is juicy flavour. Using this burger making method, you’ll get 4 even sized burgers that fit perfectly on small Wonderbread burger buns.
Tip: instead of salt, try seasoning your burger meat with steak spice. Yum! And, if you’re looking for a killer burger sauce, try this.