This past weekend I went to the cottage with a bunch of friends and had a blast as always. I’m pretty sure we all wore the same out fit from Friday straight through to Sunday. It was totally a lazy cottage weekend.
On Saturday we made burgers. The boys grilled, (which is bollocks, because I wanted to grill ) while the girls made everything else. We chit chatted as we prepped and somehow someone brought up Big Mac sauce. To which I spat out, “Mayo, mustard, ketchup, dill pickle, and my secret touch: dill pickle juice. Doesn’t everyone do this?” Jenn and Annie both looked at me, laughed, and shook their heads, saying no.
I’m sure this is VERY FAR from the actual Big Mac Sauce recipe, but try it! I bet you’ll love it! The recipe is very simple and it combines everyone’s favourite burger toppings — ketchup, mustard, mayo, and pickle. The best part is that you probably have all the ingredients in your fridge to make and try it right now.
This is a fun cottage, camping, or BBQ in the park condiment recipe for burgers. Plus, it saves you from packing 4 ingredients in the cooler. Instead, just mix the ingredients together, store in a tightly sealed container, and pack one delicious burger sauce!
My Big Mac Sauce Recipe Tips:
- Chop the dill pickles very fine so their flavour gets spread evenly throughout the sauce.
- You can substitute Dijon for yellow mustard to add a kick.
- Play around with the quantities. If you want it sweeter, add a tad more ketchup, if you want more of a bite, add more mustard, and if you want it creamier, add more mayo.
- Want to add a little heat? Add a dash of hot sauce.
- This sauce also tastes awesome as a dip for fries, just ask my friend, Sam!