Home / Ask Kary / Scooper-Dooper – It Can Scoop, Chop and Scrape

Scooper-Dooper – It Can Scoop, Chop and Scrape

A question I get asked all the time is, “What is that thing you use to transfer ingredients on the show?” and “Where can I find one?

It’s official name on Best Recipes Ever is “my scooper-cooper,” but technically it’s called a dough scraper, dough cutter, dough knife, pastry cutter, pastry board scraper, bench scraper, board scraper, or bench knife – just to name a few! It’s used to cut dough and pastry, to clean counters of sticky dough, and (my personal favourite) to move ingredients from my cutting board to a pan.

 Dough Scraper

You’ll find them at most kitchen stores; especially the small Mom & Pop type stores. Generally, they will be in the gadget or baking section. There are a lot of different varieties (shapes and sizes), so pick the one that feels good in your hand.

Hope this helps!


Inside Scoop! “Scooper-Dooper” was the name I gave it when I got nervous on my first day of filming Best Recipes Ever – I didn’t know what else to call it! .